The Farmers & Merchants State Bank has always had a special commitment to the growth of Northwest Ohio since its inception in 1897. The only name change in our history was in 1919, when the founding directors elected to change from a private bank to a state chartered bank. At that time, the name changed from Farmers and Merchants Bank to The Farmers & Merchants State Bank.
The F&M headquarters has always been in Archbold, Fulton County, Ohio. F&M began expanding its presence in Fulton County in 1973 by opening a full service office on North Shoop Avenue in Wauseon, Ohio. By the end of the 1980s, F&M had four full service offices in Fulton County.
Expansion of the Bank into Williams County began in 1981, with the opening of the Stryker and West Unity offices. By the end of the 1986, F&M had five offices in Fulton County and three offices in Williams County. F&M further expanded in the 1990s by opening an office in Henry County. During 2001, F&M opened an office in Defiance County, and in 2003 we opened our Operations Center in Fulton County.
F&M has 19 offices and over 30 ATMs located in Fulton, Williams, Henry, Defiance, Lucas, and Wood counties in Ohio, as well as DeKalb and Steuben Counties in Indiana. Toward the end of 2007, F&M opened a new office in Perrysburg and expanded into Indiana with offices in Butler and Auburn. In August 2008, F&M opened a new full service office in Angola, Indiana.
F&M continues to serve the financial needs of individuals, farmers, businesses, and industries by offering the traditional banking products, as well as internet and telephone banking products. Our online products and EZ Access Line allow access to account information and fund transfers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Defiance Banking Center is located at the corner of SR 66 and Elliott Road.
|Arts and Culture|
|Government and Utility|